Bankers algorithm for computer server Hardware requirment optimization
For the Banker’s algorithm to work, it needs to know three things:
- How much of each resource each process could possibly request
- How much of each resource each process is currently holding
- How much of each resource the system currently has available
Resources may be allocated to a process only if it satisfies the following conditions:
- request ≤ max, else set error condition as process has crossed maximum claim made by it.
- request ≤ available, else process waits until resources are available.
In Computer system approximate request requirement for all possible request for any commercial servers are known, then why most of commercial hardware system server use 128 GB RAM, 64 Processor, 300 TB hard drive for single instance of hosted server.
Bankers calculate needs of money for proper utilization, then indirect money needs are not considered, energy conversion…..